The Officials are the third team on court, without whom the game would not happen. England Netball supports it’s extensive playing programme with a fully developed officiating department offering assistance from grass roots up to the elite international level.
Officiating Courses and Mentoring support are available across the South Region. Both Beginner and C award courses are organised by the County Netball Associations whilst B award courses are organised regionally.
Download the latest Umpiring Course leaflet for Hampshire here
More information available on our NEWS PAGE
Into Officiating Course
Aim: To introduce the rudiments of umpiring a netball match.
- To have knowledge of basic rules of the game
- To identify obvious infringements of the rules
- To apply correct use of voice, whistle and terminology
- To be aware of correct positioning
- To keep an accurate scoreboard and call the score
- To identify the requirements for the England Netball Into Officiating Award
- Prepare candidates for assessement
Towards C Course
Aim: To prepare umpires with knowledge of the rules and umpire competencies to umpire at average adult club level.
- Penalising correctly obvious infringements of the rules
- Correct use of whistle, voice, hand signals and terminology
- Positioning and movement on side line and goal line
- Understanding when contact interferes with play
- By widening vision beyond the ball
- To identify the requirements for the FENA C Award to include competencies
- To prepare candidates for assessment
If you are interested in becoming an umpire or match bench official contact your County Umpiring Secretary for further information:
Isle of Wight