Following on from the resounding success of the Make the Game Live A Award Officiating Conference we are offering an Officiating Conference aimed at C and B Award Umpires, however all Umpires and Officiating Assessors are welcome. This will be ran alongside a Coaching Conference at the Netball World Cup as part of Make the Game Liverpool (with same content delivered on two separate dates – 16th and 19th July).
I know Liverpool for many will seem like a long way away but for those wishing to take in the World Cup atmosphere including access to the Fan Zone and the Official Merchandise store this is a ‘must not miss’ opportunity.
Content will include;
Officiating Conference Package (available Tues 16th & Fri 19th July 19)
• Opening Key Note
• Contact vs Contest – A session which shows umpires the key differences between Contact and Contest in an interactive video led session.
• Managing the Game – A session which demonstrates how to use Game Management and player empathy to get the best from your matches.
• Expect the Unexpected – A practical session that walks umpires through the unexpected incidents that could occur during a match.
• Advantage – The Crack in the door… – A theory session on the basics of advantage and how to improve your application.
• Ask the Expert Officiating Clinic – Q&A from an expert panel.
• Closing Note
Presenters include International Umpire Assessor and England Netball Tutor Margaret Deighan and A Award Assessors and Tutors Yvonne Adshead, Anne Marie Riddle, Bernie Palmer. You will also have ‘virtually’ Gary Burgess either via video or in person if the match schedule allows! There will also be an opportunity to for a Q&A with a panel of Umpires from the NWC2019.
For those Umpires/Assessors that attended the MtGL A Award Conference rest assured that the content will be different should you wish to add to your CDP portfolio.
In the past Counties and Regions have supported those who wish to attend similar events by funding/part funding their attendance so please contact your County or Regional Umpiring Secretary for further information.
We hope to see as many of you as possible in the summer in Liverpool.
Head of Officiating